Addictions Counselling in Toronto - Change Your Life
Do you think that you may be addicted to a substance, activity or person? If so, you can get the help you need with addictions counselling in Toronto. With over 40 years of experience as a Certified Addiction Specialist, Dr. Betty Stockley can help you overcome various addictive disorders.
If you believe you have an addiction, you should consider the following questions:
- Is your addiction affecting your home life?
- Has your work life been affected by your addiction?
- Have you experienced blackouts – hours or days – when you have had no idea what you did or where you went?
- Are you experiencing tremendous amounts of stress in some aspect of your life? If so, do you handle this stress with the substance or addictive behaviour of your choice?
- Are you afraid that the people whom you love are going to discover your addictive coping mechanism?
- Has your self-esteem reached an all-time low?
Addictions come in many different forms and include the overuse of numerous substances and/or activities. Through addictions counselling, Toronto residents can discover all the benefits of enjoying an addiction-free lifestyle. We are here to help you cut the cycle of these addictions and others:
- Alcohol, drugs and cigarettes – each of these common addictions wreaks its own havoc, destroying families, careers, health and lives. Don’t try to conquer them by yourself!
- Gambling – if gambling is decimating your finances, you may be addicted. Get help from an experienced psychotherapist – Dr. Betty Stockley.
- Excessive exercising – exercise is good, right? Not if it has become a compulsive behaviour. Let Betty Stockley assess your workout habits and help you if you have an exercise addiction.
- Sexual acting out – it’s not hard to spot the danger in acting out sexually. If you have a sexual addiction, you could face disease and even death.
- Excessive Internet use – the Internet can be a helpful tool in many ways, but excessive use can destroy relationships and even your career.
- Overwork – spending too much time at the office can negatively affect family relationships, friendships and your own health.
- Food – excessive eating or dieting too much are equally damaging to your health. Seek help for these disorders from Dr. Betty Stockley.
- Self-harm – are you cutting yourself or engaging in some other form of self-harm? You’re not alone; others share this addiction. You can heal with help.
- Compulsive shopping – do you use “retail therapy” to soothe yourself? If you are a compulsive shopper, you may be ruining your finances and family relationships.
Are you using any of the above substances or activities to numb yourself, self-soothe or to get away from stress? Through addictions counselling in Toronto, we can help you to better handle stressful situations that precede addictive and habitual behaviours.
We Can Help You Live an Addiction-Free Life
As an experienced Toronto counsellor, Betty will assist you in finding new and creative ways to make the changes you need so that you can live a more fulfilling and addiction-free life.
Individual, couple and family counselling is available. We assist people of all ages and from all walks of life. For more information, please contact our office